LimmaTech Biologics AG is a Swiss clinical stage biopharmaceutical company. We are advancing our proprietary vaccine pipeline to halt the increasing threat of global infections due to emerging antimicrobial resistance (AMR) and sexually transmitted diseases. Working at LimmaTech is a unique chance to be part of the development of life saving vaccines.
Are you excited about the opportunity to contribute to the development of early-stage vaccines by running various biological fermentation systems using your technical and scientific skills? Would you like to be part of a team developing scalable and GMP compatible manufacturing processes to produce live saving vaccines?
To support our Upstream Process Development team, we are currently looking for an:
Associate Fermentation (100%)
As a member of the Upstream Process Development team your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation, completion and documentation of USP operations
- Independent analysis of generated material (e.g. growth characteristics, productivity, etc.) with in-house methods fit for purpose
- Developing and performing robust and scalable microbial upstream fermentation processes using high-end machinery such as multi scale bioreactors and micro-, depth- and tangential flow filtration systems under guidance of an experienced supervisor
- Establishing and executing experimental strategies according to preestablished plans, timelines, and priorities
- Exploring expression systems and critical process parameters to identify optimal conditions for the manufacturing of novel products, to ensure safety and robustness for later GMP production as well as material supply for preclinical research testing
- Supporting evaluating, interpreting, and reporting of experimental data in scientific meetings and technical reports
- Maintaining and cleaning laboratory and equipment to ensure safety and operational standards
You are an efficient and enthusiastic team player with:
- A proactive, enthusiastic, and curious personality – you can get things done!
- Technician, BSc. degree in biotechnology, bioprocess engineering, food technology or a related discipline
- Proven hands-on experience in microbial fermentations
- Technical flair for complex instruments such as fermenters
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in biochemistry, microbiology, good microbial practice, and working in aseptic surroundings
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
We offer a friendly, highly motivated, multi-cultural, and dynamic work environment located in Schlieren, near Zürich. The location is easily accessible by public transportation.
If you meet the requirements of this exciting position and want to contribute to our mission, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your detailed application, including a motivation letter, CV, diplomas and reference letters as one PDF file. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please note that due to visa regulations, only applicants eligible for a Swiss work permit can be considered for this position.
Please fill the below application form.