LimmaTech Biologics AG is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company active in the vaccine field. In collaboration with GlaxoSmithKline, LimmaTech develops new generations of bioconjugate vaccines against major bacterial diseases.
Are you excited about the opportunity to contribute to the development of early-stage vaccines by running various biological fermentation systems using your technical and scientific skills? Would you like to be part of a team developing scalable and GMP compatible manufacturing processes to produce live saving vaccines?
To support our Upstream Process Development team, we are currently looking for an:
Associate Fermentation, 100%
As a member of the Upstream Process Development team your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation, completion and documentation of USP operations
- Independent analysis of generated material (e.g. growth characteristics, productivity, etc.) with in-house methods fit for purpose
- Developing and performing robust and scalable microbial upstream fermentation processes using high-end machinery such as multi scale bioreactors and micro-, depth- and tangential flow filtration systems under guidance of an experienced supervisor
- Establishing and executing experimental strategies according to preestablished plans, timelines, and priorities
- Exploring expression systems and critical process parameters to identify optimal conditions for the manufacturing of novel products, to ensure safety and robustness for later GMP production as well as material supply for preclinical research testing
- Supporting evaluating, interpreting, and reporting of experimental data in scientific meetings and technical reports
- Maintaining and cleaning laboratory and equipment to ensure safety and operational standards
You are an efficient and enthusiastic multi-cultural team player with:
- A proactive, enthusiastic, and curious personality – you can get things done!
- Technician, BSc., or MSc. degree in biotechnology, bioprocess engineering, food technology or a related discipline
- Proven hands-on experience in microbial fermentations
- Technical flair for complex instruments such as fermenters
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in biochemistry, microbiology, good microbial practice, and working in aseptic surroundings
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
The working place is in Schlieren near Zürich, easily accessible by public transportation. If you meet the requirements of this exciting position and want to work in a friendly, highly motivated and dynamic team, we are interested in hearing from you.
Please press the “Submit” button to send your detailed application including a motivation letter, CV, diplomas and reference letters if applicable. Your documents must be submitted in one PDF file. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to visa regulations, only applicants eligible to a Swiss work permit can be considered for this position.
Please fill the below application form.